Saturday, December 28, 2013

New year, new goals.

I'm gonna love it.


I got a Kitchenaid mixer from my parents for Christmas!! I'm so excited, now I'm really going to start baking like crazy! I have so many recipes I want to try out (pies, cupcakes, cakes, etc.) the list is never ending. I have a lot of friends that are gluten-free, so in order for me to make gluten-free friendly baked goods, I've been looking at prices of flour (it is very expensive if you buy it at grocery stores). Since I bake so much, I go through it quite frequently. I have checked amazon.com, and various blogs on trying to be more cost friendly when it comes to buying gluten-free flour. A lot of places I've read have said mixing your own all purpose baking flour is the best cost-friendly option. Here are some places I have checked that sound legit when it comes to knowing a thing or two about gluten-free flour mixtures:

Gluten-free flour mixtures (several recipes).

Make your own all-purpose flour mix.

Gluten-free Cooking School

These are just a few that I looked up on Google. I'm going to pick one and see which one tastes the best, and also has the right texture. I know my husband said to limit the brown rice flour because it tends to accelerate the digestive process (if you know what I mean). I'm glad he's around to tell me important information like that, since he's been gluten-free for a couple years now. Happy New Year and happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment